Welcome to JointCare Physical Therapy
Welcome to a place where patients come first! JointCare Physical Therapy and Fitness Center is a state-of-the-art physical therapy setting serving Morris County from two conveniently located offices.
We are here to help you enjoy your life, pain-free! To make a convenient appointment, simply call us today. Unsure if Physical therapy is right for you, your free consultation is to screen your need for physical therapy and recommend a course of action—either self-exercise to correct the problem, professional physical therapy with JointCare, or refer you to an appropriate medical doctor.
Call us today for more information – no doctor prescription required!
Before Your First Visit
- Medical Prescription (Not required however recommended for post-operative patients)
- Referral from primary care physician (If required, our staff will contact you prior to your Initial Evaluation)
- A medical prescription is a script written from the doctor prescribing the services needed, like the slip given to the pharmacist when filling a prescription for medication
- A referral is different. This is an insurance company form filled out by and obtained from your primary care physician’s office that allows you to be seen, so services will be reimbursed and not denied upon claim submission. If you are not sure you need one, ask our staff
- Medical History ( Any pertinent test results or films you feel will help your therapist accurately diagnose and treat your condition)
- Loose fitting clothing
- Co-payment (If applicable, it is a payment due at the time services are rendered. It can be satisfied with either cash, check, or major credit card)
- Insurance Card and Photo ID
- You have confirmed your appointment time and are prepared to arrive 15 minutes early to process the administrative aspect of your visit.
What to Expect on Your First Visit
- You will register with our friendly front office staff. They will help you navigate the insurance process and schedule your treatment program so you can focus on your recovery.
- You will meet with your physical therapist for the initial evaluation.
- During the evaluation your therapist will ask questions about your medical history, current pain, or injury. Open communication helps us understand your problem.
- Your movement, strength, coordination, and much more will be evaluated. Our purpose is to help you, so please ensure you communicate to your therapist if anything is hurting or bothering you during the examination.
- Your therapist will recommend and prepare a course of treatments to ensure the quickest recovery and the best results. Your therapist will discuss the recommendations with you.
- Your therapist will write up their findings and treatment plan to submit to your referring physician or other medical professional who you choose.
- If you have any questions at anytime, please don’t hesitate to call. We want to ensure your satisfaction and full recovery.